At Rockfish, our Developers are responsible for the development of complex sites and applications or large components of a web site or application. The Developer architects solutions from requirements gathering to data model to implementation.
• Independently create the design, coding and testing of complex technical solutions
• Strong understanding of development principles
• Consistently demonstrate a desire to advance web application knowledge
• Understand standard systems development life cycle processes and apply Rockfish methodology effectively on client engagements
• Applies knowledge of current development trends and techniques to daily work
• Adheres to coding standards defined by management
• Accurately employs Rockfish development tools
• Establishes or meets deadlines and personal work plans
• Listens to others and accepts input from team members and managers
• Clearly articulates thoughts and ideas verbally and/or in writing
• Good time management skills
• Knowledge in PostgreSQL, nginx/Unicorn configuration, AWS/EC2 Cloud infrastructure, SASS, Delayed Job/Resque, Heroku, Git and test-driven development.
• Passion for technology and a drive to learn and grow technology skill sets
• Superior knowledge of development tools, trends, technologies and resource usage and best practices
• Strong understanding of production
• Business savvy
• Related degree
Rockfish is an Equal Opportunity Employer.